Friday, March 02, 2007

Rock and Roll Bunk Bed

Dayssi had vincristine on Monday, and she is just finishing off her monthly steroid pulse; doing fine. India is also very well. Last night as I was on the lower bunk with Dayssi, trying to wake her to take her pill, the bunk bed started to shake and move for about 5-7 seconds. I was thinking, "What the heck is India doing up there?" It felt like she was jumping on the bed, but I knew she was asleep. After we got the pill down I came from te girls' room into our bedroom and Jim asked, "Did you feel that earthquake?" Sure enough. Biggish one, centered in Lafayette, which is quite a bit north of us. The girls slept right through it.

It has been a busy week. Jim and I threw a dinner party for some LCC alums on Tuesday, had our regular date night (sushi with a friend) on Wednesday, and I am teaching this weekend in a program called "Women Do Lead" for Stanford alumni. We had the kick off today and it was pretty exciting. I love my job.

No comments: