Saturday, March 17, 2007

Birthday and update

All is well. India turned 6 on Wednesday and we've been enjoying ourselves. It is high season on India's social circuit -- I don't remember what happened in early June of 2000 (well, I do remember some things!) but apparently there were many, many children conceived at that time. Birthdays, and birthday parties, galore!

Dayssi is feeling great, attending school and swimming class with increasing enthusiasm. She has a wonderful friendship blossoming with a little friend from school. It is one of the sweet, compassionate girls I wrote about on the mud-fall day. Dayssi and I both adore this little girl, and the feeling appears to be mutual (at least where Dayssi is concerned!). The friendship is a beautiful, beautiful gift, to Dayssi and to me.

Dayssi's not sure about ballet these days -- she feels very shy there. But we are still offering the classes. She has a performance coming in May, and I am hopeful that she'll be up for it. They are doing "I Just Can't Wait to be King" from the Lion King. No pressure though. She has plenty on her plate for now.

Grandma came to surprise India last Monday and has spent the week with us. It has been great to have her here.

Will try to post some pictures soon -- Jim is directing a 2-week exec ed program and hasn't been around much. We need his technical expertise to pull that off.

No comments: