Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Updates, all good

Dayssi had vincristine yesterday, with daddy. Two pokes. Lots of stickers, gifts from the child-life folks, treats from the cafeteria, the works. She came home smiling. Daddy seemed unruffled. And, only two administrations left. We are going to make it.


Afterward, Dayssi went to her new elementary school for a meet and greet with her kindergarten teachers. She is among the youngest of the kids entering kindergarten (she'll be 5 in October), but she fit right in. Separated easily from me, ran to the front of the room to listen to the story, and looked pretty blase about the whole thing. She is ready.


Meanwhile, India was chosen to represent her class tomorrow at a retirement celebration for the school principal, with an adorable friend of hers whose name I won't mention because I believe they kind of, in a first-grade way, have little tiny crushes on one another. Recently this wonderful young man missed India's birthday party because of a conflict, but asked his mom to bring him to our house after the party so that he could deliver a present and wish India happy birthday. She almost fainted when I told her he was at the door, and he completely blushed when he saw her.  India is not a big talker about what is going on at school, but she mentions this little guy every once in a while, and always with a special gleam in her eye.  Then, today, while I was volunteering during math, one of India's friends (who is from India) asked me why we named India India. I told her that we chose the name India because we think it is beautiful, and our prince charming, who was seated nearby and listening, apparently, looked up from his work and said earnestly, "So do I."


I am sure I've said too much about this because I am now compelled to beg anyone reading this blog to PLEASE REFRAIN FROM MENTIONING ANY OF THIS TO INDIA. This frienship is very special and I do not want to make her feel self conscious about it.  Thanks for your cooperation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mum's the word, but what a wonderful update to read. I'm all smiles. Love and hugs to you all,

Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hello! I keep up to date from the blog, but ever since my log in stopped working, I haven't left any messages. So glad to hear things are going well - we think about you and talk about you often. For some reason, lately I have missed our Stanford West days even more! Love the story about India - she is growing up!! XOXO - Love, Erin (and Karl, Grayce, Ben and Jack!)