Thursday, December 07, 2006

Celebrations

We are off to cousin Mike's wedding tomorrow in Arizona. I got the girls some gorgeous poofy wedding-ish dresses just for fun. Will try to take some pix and post when we return.

Everyone has a cough right now but Dayssi's counts seem to be stable and nothing is escalating out of control. She did start a new cycle with vincristine and a 5-day steroid pulse on Monday, so she is not feeling tip top. But the side effects should resolve by end of weekend for sure. I hope she'll feel well enough to enjoy her poofy self at the wedding!

We celebrated my birthday on Tuesday too, and that was a lot of fun. The girls bought me earrings (very glitzy, but I will be wearing them!) and India's kindergarten class suprised me by singing happy birthday when I dropped her off. I played hookey and spent the entire day with good friends, acting like ladies who lunch and just generally being decadent. All of this, combined with a little get together on Saturday night, and lots of beautiful gifts, cards, flowers, phone calls and emails from far away friends, made it a fantastic birthday. Thanks everyone!!

No comments: