Thursday, September 14, 2006

Symmetry

Tonight Dayssi gave Daddy his pills. And he gave Dayssi her pills.

Taking turns makes everything so much easier. What my colleague and friend Vic Vroom calls “the West Point theory of leadership”

Daddy even made a face, as if his were as nasty tasting as the dexamethasone. In fact, the Lipitor probably is, but daddy has his technique down, though Dayssi is giving him a run for his money. He also has the added advantage of chasing the medicine with daddy juice rather than bubba.

We are now having a snack of rice crackers.

Dayssi says, “Daddy, I love you” (Something we hear quite a bit lately – she loves the response it elicits). She continues, “Daddy, Grandma is coming over soon. India is going to ask grandma if she can sleep with her. Grandma may say ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’ She might say, ‘Sleep with Dayssi.’”

“What else?” I ask.

“Nothing else" says Dayssi .

“Are you sure?”

Nodding she answers, “Uh huh”

She takes a pen off the desk and announces, “Daddy this is your light saber!”

We are off to battle the forces of evil.

“Turn off the computer” she commands… and I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big Sister India said...

From Big sister India:

“I am going to see Grandma when she comes. I am going to go pee pee on daddy’s head. Ha Ha”

“Dayssi is very silly. And I love my find Cuckoo head.

[Transcription note: Mommy arrives like the secret police in the former Soviet Union and India is disappeared. Some experts suspect foul play but others attribute it to the exigencies of bedtime]

Her voice trails away in the background like a speeding train, “Daddy choose some good words for me and finish it…”

Good Night and Good Luck