Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Crafty Dayssi and the M&M's


Seems to me that Dayssi is pretty much back to her old self. While Deb and India were up in the playroom, she alternately cajoled and berated me into getting her a “treat.” These were M&Ms -- and the new white chocolate kind no less. Then she proceeded to ration them out one at a time, but roughly in the proportion of “5 for me and 1 for Daddy.” When I protested, she frowned and suggested, in not so many words, that I was lucky to be getting any. Trying my hand at what I imagine to be child psychology, I sulked a bit. This got me a hug, a crafty smile, and an “I love you,” but no M&Ms. A little later Dayssi taunted me by sticking out her tongue with an M&M on it and daring me to try to snatch it with my tongue, but knowing I couldn’t because of the possible exchange of germs – though I don’t suppose she was thinking very much about directionality…. She’s clever that little one. But just wait until her ANC goes back up, I’ll slurp those M&M’s off her tongue faster than she can charm an oncology fellow.

No comments: